Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Start to Next Year's Projects

I've begun a couple projects to get this New Year started off; the first is this red and black scarf made with Moda*Dea - Fur Ever yarn that I bought on clearance for 50 cents each. I'll be using 6 skeins to complete this scarf. It's super soft and silky to the touch and will be quite long when completed. The colors aren't quite right in this photo; they are a bit deeper in value. I'm thinking someone may call it a Gamecock Scarf - now do I know any USC fan's? HHMMmmmm..... perhaps this will make it under the tree next year. 
Next I've begun cutting a bunch of 2" strips in pink and then in green for the Roll Roll Cotton Boll Mystery that Bonnie Hunter is running over on her Quiltville blog. I'm hoping that I haven't chosen colors that are too intense. Oh well - it will be MY rendition of her mystery so I guess that will be all right. I'm determined to get at least 3 quilts completed for us this year as we desperately need them with this weather turning so cold so much earlier in the season. And they will need to be WIDE as I'm tired of getting left out in the cold. I'm sure Scott would say that goes both ways - as I've left him out in the cold a number of times. 

My sewing room looks like something exploded in there and I will need to get it put back to rights before too much longer. It was just so much easier to shove things in there and close the door at Christmas but now reality has set in and WHAT A WRECK! I'm going to save you all the pain of seeing it like that. 

This afternoon I have to work 4 hours and then I can make my way home to cut more strips before it gets dark outside. I knit while watching old Adam 12's on Hulu in the evenings. We so enjoy the older shows on there. We also watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Hulu. I remember how they used to scare the bejeepers out of me as a kid and how I always loved how he would step into his line drawing. 

I guess I better get some breakfast made... Happy Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Aww go on - show us your sewing room - lol. I am doing Bonnies mystery too but in completely different colours. I'm way behind but no matter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your mystery quilt progress. You sewing room can't be that bad... mine is set up in my dining room, which happens to be open to the front door! Now that is BAD. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...