Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yesterday's Misfortunes

Misfortunes occurred yesterday morning while I was sewing - Sewed the elephants head on backwards and had to pull out the seam ripper to remove it and reattach in the right direction... THEN I sewed the monkey's head to his butt and had to pull out the seam ripper AGAIN. THEN I went to start stuffing them and found I only had enough stuffing to do the elephants head and part of a foot. SO off to Jo-Ann's with coupons in hand... yesterday AC Moore had emailed out a 60% off one regular priced item and I had a 40% off one for Jo-Ann's and used them both. I got two of the 32 oz bags of fiberfill regular price $5.99 a bag and used the coupons for a savings of.... $5.98 - it was like buy 1 get 1 free! I love that and now I have enough stuffing for maybe 4 or 5 more of these stuffed animals. I'm thinking that I could sell them on Etsy - still "thinking" I will open an account on there. Maybe thats something the New Year will hold.

I was told yesterday that they would like to keep me on after the New Year as a part-timer. Hours will be minimal at the beginning of the year as I know they always are after Christmas - it's just part of the Retail world. But I'm happy they want to keep me on. I do enjoy working there very much. Besides I will then have time to put in a fabulous garden this year. Now that the beds are all set into the garden and settled in we can finish filling them up and really utilize them this year. Right now though Scott has about 95% of them filled with garlic. We will have a LOT of garlic this next year. The seed catalogs have been arriving since October - I guess I better look through some and order some seeds. Our seeds are so old that they don't grow well. I'm thinking that I will just dump them into growing trays and see what comes up in February. They may surprise me.

Better get back to stuffing and stitching. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I hate sewing days like that (and I have so many of them!) Congrats on your job and on your great fiberfill deal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...