Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

FINALLY!

Christmas Tree 2010
I finally got around to putting up our little 4 foot tree in the dining room. The den is just too full of "stuff" for the tree anymore. We'll make this work for this year and then next year perhaps the kitchen/ den remodel will finally get completed and I will rearrange this house to work better for us. I'd like to take over the bonus room with my sewing/crafting room stuff. Move the computers to the room that is now the den and turn it into more of a study and have the "den" in the front room where there is more room for that HUGE TV and a couch again. And once I'm set up out in the bonus room we'd have a spare bedroom room for guests to sleep in so perhaps the nieces and nephews could come and stay a few days not to mention friends or family having a place to crash if they need to. It all takes money and time.  Of which we have little of these days.

Last night Scott and I went to Zesto's for ice cream and to watch the children that came to see Santa. They were SO CUTE! One little girl said she needed a soft ball, a bat and a glove because she was going to be playing softball next year and she needed them REAL bad. Then she turned and ran back up and said, "OH YEAH... and I REALLY need an Art Set. This same little girl said on the way in, "Oh great I don't even see Santa.... if he is not here it will be such a waste of time that we drove ALL THE WAY here."  KIDS! Scott said he thought it was amazing that Santa had such a deep Southern accent.

Yesterday we also braved the crowds and madness and went to World Market and Target. We got a few gifts and then came home and decided that it was a good thing that I can make the rest. WOW! People were so rude and pushy and they were acting like they had to drive like complete idiots to score the last plastic China made crap before someone else got it. It's like the joy of giving and sharing is totally gone. So sad! And today I get to experience it again first hand as I'm ringing people up at my Seasonal job. One trip out was enough for me and we didn't spend a lot at all and I'm sure the few gifts we did buy will be well received. For the rest I'm returning to my sewing abilities.

I'm actually wishing that I could just stay home as my head is so stuffed up this morning and I'm just not feeling 100%; perhaps I will improve before I have to be to work this afternoon.

HAPPY DAY EVERYONE!

ADD ON - I called out sick - just feeling like crud. Going to rest and take it easy the rest of today and hope I'm better by tomorrow so I can go to work.

1 comment:

  1. That's a sweet tree Becky. I've got to finish decorating today so that I can get the boxes back up into the attic.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...