Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A FULL DAY of sewing

I've been in my sewing room ALL day!

This is where I started this morning a little after 10 o'clock; a few blocks nearing completion from another day and LOTS of strips and quite a few 8 1/2-inch paper squares waiting to be combined into these strip pieced blocks. I had to cut even more strips to reach the end of Roll Roll Cotton Boll Step 3.

This is all that remains of my strips tonight and here is what I accomplished....
32 BLOCKS.... Yes - I completed the remaining needed for this step. Tomorrow I will trim them to a perfect 8 1/2" square and add them to these....
for a total of 60 BLOCKS! Then on to step 4 which is MUCH easier and less time consuming. I'm almost to the half-way point in this Mystery and am getting so excited to see what mine will look like. Right now I'm exhausted!

 UMMmmmmm.... I didn't wait for morning - now I REALLY must get to bed. I'll remove the paper in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart girl you are! The blocks are very pretty and I am patiently waiting to see the finished product. I am not a quilter but I did piece up several log cabin tops years ago. A very good quilting lady did the quilting for me by hand. That was about 30 years ago when you were still a baby. :) I hope you have a good nights sleep and wake up rested in the morning. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! SO Pretty!! I am setting up an area for my sewing machine in my living room~ can't wait to get fresh spring material and make a few light skirts (drooling uncontrollably over the idea of finally getting to sew again)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...