Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

On my mind.....

From the door of my sewing/craft room... this mess has been on my mind a lot this week and because I have been asked to work more than I'd expected I haven't been able to touch a thing in here all week. BUT tomorrow and Saturday I am completely off from work and will tackle this room so that it can be truly 100% functional once again. I have my hands in MANY hobbies - jewelry making, crocheting, knitting, sewing (clothes, bags, kids clothes, toys, etc... ) , quilting, scrap-booking - YOU NAME IT and I've probably tried my hand at it. I have a HUGE stash of fabrics and plan to make myself a bunch of new summer clothes as well as work on Christmas gifts throughout the year. I'm trying extra hard to use whats in my glorious stash this year and avoiding bringing more home. (we won't talk about my treat for myself in March of a road trip to Mary Jo's (HUGE fabric store) in NC). SO.... to make room for possible birthday findings I've got to get this room pulled back into shape so that I can sew my way through some fabric. I'll post my progress on Sunday morning.

 This is my contribution to Rhondas  'On my mind' at Down to earth

7 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I can so relate to that room. I need to clean my workroom every 6 - 8 weeks and it often looks like that. Good luck with your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky :) :) I can relate....I feel that way about my bedroomm ...but that's where I keep a lot of my craft stuff...so I do need to get that room organized and looking beautiful, before I could even think about adding more craft stuff!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spaces like that, dedicated craft areas - even if they need a bit of organizing, they always make me feel warm and fuzzy - just thinking of the creativity that goes on there.
    I hope the tidy up goes well for you, so you can easily create when inspiration strikes.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I am messy by nature so it doesn't look all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Becky I also have a large room full of stashed fabric. I would love to get it organized and get some of my projects finished. Good Luck. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so envious of crafty people...what a gift to be blessed with and clearly you've the resources to make something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand about having 1000 different craft interests. You should see the mess I had to clean up!!! Scary!!!! :(
    I decided that any craft I haven't done in a year is on probation~ set aside in a designated time-out area. If I don't work on them withing the next few months, they go to the 'free pile' at work. No sobbing allowed for what could have been.
    My main concentration seems to be knitting stocking caps now. That's all I really do, but we'll see what happens as I finish cleaning/ re-purposing rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...