Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Purple Sweater

My latest project...
A purple sweater for Abby for Valentines Day. It's made with....
I love this yarn! It's so soft and easy to work with. I need to get the pink, green and yellow skeins for the flowers; I've been waiting so that I could use 50% off coupons on them. If I ever find this stuff on closeout I will buy a bunch. I'm going to go through my yarn and will be getting rid of all the Red Heart acrylic - know anyone that can use it? I just can't stand the texture of it anymore. Bamboo, silk, wool, cotton and a few of the softer acrylics is all I want to work with anymore.

The quilt project has taken a back burner to this one as Valentines is approaching fast. I will need to come up with some other surprises for the rest of the "littles" in my life. What do little boys like for Valentines?

I've been working more than I thought that I would be and that has put a damper on my crafting endeavors , but we need the money so I will roll with it.

3 comments:

  1. The sweater is lovely! i know what you mean about Red Heart Acrylic. When i think that that was mostly what was available "back in the day", i shudder. A few years ago, i asked my hubby (who loves to go to garage sales on his way to work) to pick me up some yarn as i was feeling in the mood to make an afghan. He made it his purpose to bring me home any and all yarn he found at garage sales. Needless to say, i had some very interesting colors and textures. They were mostly acrylic. i have weeded most of that type out but have kept some of the most basic colors to use on hats. Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I won't use that scratchy stuff either. It is awful! Someone said they re-did it and it was softer so I bought one skein (on sale) and it is like sandpaper running over your fingers! Yuck! I have a skein of the Spa and may have to use it next. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...