Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello Faye...

Several years ago Scott and I were driving home and we spotted this case on the side of the road and I told Scott that it looked like a sewing machine case. So we stopped and took a look; the case was in bad shape and Scott had to do some work on the wooden base. We will recover the wooden base and are in search of a users manual for it now. It is a Morse sewing machine - Model 492-TW followed by a stamped number 11398; made in Japan.

Life took over and she was sent to the garden shed. Tonight Scott went out and got her and cleaned her all up with a bit of bleach added to the water as all sorts of bugs droppings were inside. Perhaps it won't be long until I have a third machine to "play" with and to have as "back-up". I'm going to call her Faye as that is what is written on her face just above the stitch length knob.

Of course anything brought into the house has to be OWNED by Tesla.

2 comments:

  1. There's an English proverb that says "In the eyes of a cat, all things belong to a cat" :) :) :) That sewing machine looks great...I love the vintage look. Have you tried "googling" it to fi nd out what year it was made? You might also try the "Country" or "country Woman" website..there's a forum on one of those sites, you could certainly ask the question there. Wow, I hope you find the instruction manual!!! That would be awesome. Do you know if the company is still in business? Oh, goodness, I'm full of questions. Anyway, I think that's a great find :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treasure!! i love old sewing machines. the one i use is an old Elna. It is the smoothest running machine i've ever had. It's not fancy but it does a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...