Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Catching up...

Sorry I've been away a couple days - fighting some type of bug and still going to work this weekend. All I really want to do is stay home and catch sleep anytime my body asks for it. But thats just not going to happen right now.

I wanted to show what was left of the paper I used for the block backing in the last step of that Mystery quilt I am working on; I think I'll save it for shipping filler. No point sending it to the dump just yet.
And I've got the fabrics all cut and ready for the sewing portion of the next step.
I'm anxious to get this quilt done and on our bed but it's going to take awhile at the rate that I am going. The next step requires 600 triangle sets to make 600 blocks. I'm going to be BUSY... and did I forget to mention that these will finish out at just 2" square. WOW~ I better get busy. Wishing I had a maid so that I could focus entirely on sewing. Maybe one day....

There are still little patches of icy snow here and there about our yard. Further north in the state they are still having issues with the icy residue on the roads so they didn't have any school at all last week and now are trying to figure out how they will make it up as they surpassed their "snow days". Makes me glad Greg is grown. I hope that we don't see anymore snow this year but we still have February and March to get through before it's a guarantee on that.

Have a lovely Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. That quilt will be a family heirloom! It reminds me of the afghan i made this past summer for our son who was getting married. It had several hundred 2" square granny squares. It took all summer but i was very pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...