Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Melting... melting... melting...


I'm hoping and praying that the melting starts happening a little quicker as I have to drive to work later today and I'm not used to driving in this stuff at all. I grew up in NY but didn't learn to drive until I moved South so I'm right there with the rest of the Southern drivers -  EXCEPT I know you HAVE to slow down.

The birds have been feeding quite heavily on our feeders and we are trying to keep un-frozen water available for them.
At least the road I will be traveling on looks pretty clear from the SCDOT camera's. I should be ok - my real concern is today when I'm traveling home and the temp has dropped again and everything freezes back up. I'll just be real careful!

Greg's been staying with his girlfriend the past couple days and I pray for their safety. This wintery mix is just not something to mess around with thats for sure. 

Time to sew a bit before I get ready for work. Last night I made 6 more of the string blocks for the Roll, Roll Cotton Boll Mystery. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/roll-roll-cotton-boll.html If anyone wants to do this mystery you should go here and print it off as she will not leave it up forever as a freebie as it will be part of a future book. It's been a delightful Mystery and it's made me stretch my quilting wings a bit. The end result is a stunning quilt and I can hardly wait to get mine completed for our bed.  

I'm staying home! The store called and said that they hadn't had a customer yet and that they weren't going to need me. YEAH! I can sew ALL DAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky... I'm glad you get to stay home and sew all day. That's a blessing in disguise, isn't it? Now you don't have to worry about driving on those winter roads :) :) :) I'll check out the link to that blog. Oh, I found some old, but still perfect quilting magazines at my local Goodwill today. They were only $0.79 each...so I bought three. Plus I found a Family Circle Weekend Book of Crafts...just chock full of good things for $1.99 :) :) Okay...I need to check out the link to this blog you mentioned. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't have to drive in that. It is way different in the South where they don't salt or sand the roads. I was always terrified of driving in it up north. I am sure you would rather be home sewing... so would I!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...