Search This Blog

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Homebody Monday

"MONDAY
SNOW IN THE MORNING
THEN LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND VERY
LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE IN THE AFTERNOON. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION
OF 2 TO 4 INCHES. ICE ACCUMULATION AROUND ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT. "


Monday I will definitely be a homebody and will hope and pray for my fella's safety as they go to their jobs. Above is the updated forecast for Monday - it'll be pretty and the dog will LOVE playing ball in it - gives her an added challenge when the ball disappears in the snow. 

As long as the power stays on I will be able to occupy myself all day at the sewing machine. If it does go off I can always clean the house OR read a book or magazine all bundled up in extra clothes and blankets. Regardless of what happens I've got plenty to keep me busy. I could also knit or crochet.... I occupy myself well. Must be from the first 18 years of my life living with my Grandma most of which was just her and I; living in the country where at times people couldn't get into because of the icey hills on both ends of the road we lived on. The only times I really got to be off the farm was for school and the once a month grocery shopping expedition into town. It was a pretty isolated childhood so I learned a lot of things to keep me busy. I was telling Scott last night that I'm about ready to return to that lifestyle and hide in a cabin in the woods - only coming out for supplies. 

OK... I've digressed into childhood memories - don't want to dwell there long.

Scott's coughing a deep worrisome cough this morning. I will have to see whats in the medicine cabinet to break it up before it becomes more serious. Greg is going to be late for his drill if he doesn't get moving and then he'll catch it from the Chief. I just knocked on his door and he grumbled OK. I guess I better get moving myself as I have the morning free and I have some things I'd like to get accomplished. I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...