Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rice Pudding!

What to do! I had about 4 cups of left over rice in the refrigerator from where I steamed rice for stir fry the other night so I have Rice Pudding in the oven right now... smells YUMMY! (I doubled the recipe.)

RICE PUDDING

Beat slightly to mix : 2 large eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup seedless raisins
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to 1 teaspoon nutmeg (I LOVE NUTMEG - so mine has a full teaspoon)

SCALD (crinkly film forms on top) ; 2 cups of milk
Pour milk into egg mixture.

Pour into a 1 quart casserole dish and set in a pan or water (1" deep), Bake at 350* (moderate oven) for 1 hour 15 minutes. A knife inserted in the center comes out clean when done. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...