Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twirl Skirt for Abby - Back to school














I finally found the Simplicity twirl skirt pattern that I had been looking for and it was just 99 cents at Hobby Lobby - SORRY JO-ANN's! And while at Hobby Lobby I found 2 adorable fabrics to make Abby a reversible twirl skirt. I was trying to make it up fast last night and wasn't paying close enough attention so the love bugs on the green side are upside down but thats ok they will all be looking up at Abby when she is wearing the skirt. I left the opening where I inserted the elastic just in case they need to pull it back out to make the waist a bit tighter so it doesn't fall off when she twirls.

6 comments:

  1. I like it. I like it so well I am going to look for the pattern. I have a little twirler too, you know.
    A little bird put a package in the mail for you yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gerry!
    I'll be watching for the goodness to arrive. I thought that I would let you know that the skirt is Simplicity #2356 and they are 99 cents at Hobby Lobby this week. To make it reversible I cut out two skirts at once and for the waist band I trimmed them all to 2 1/4" wide and then sewed one red to one green twice so that my waist bands were half and half so I could get the co-ordinating fabrics for both sides. I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky, Yes, all of that makes sense. I am glad you gave me the pattern number. I did not know they were on sale either. Thank you so much. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky, I got this pattern plus about 10 more. My granddaughter, Carla, was with me and I had her pick put what she wanted. She is learning to sew. You can not go wrong at $.99 each. I would never have known they were on sale, had you not told me. I want to make the twirl skirt myself, for Miss Merritt. She is only 2 and a half, but she loves new clothes. Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute. I wish I knew how to sew because I would certainly make this!
    I came over from Gerry's Soap and am now your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Naila Moon! It's never too late to learn! I've been sewing since I was about 9 years old - I grew up with my Grandma and a bunch of wonderful Great-Aunts. Sometimes I think that I was born in the wrong Era thats for sure - I definitely don't fit in this current Era.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...