Search This Blog

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Fall Vegetable Garden

Here it is the first part of August and I decided to check the Clemson Extension's Website to see what can be grown where I live here in South Carolina for a Fall garden and the list is longer than I thought that it would be. Right now I can Plant....
Beans, Snap
Beans, half runner
Beets
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Kale (8/15 - 9/15)
Lettuce (8/15-9/15)
Mustard
Rutabaga
Squash, Summer
Turnips

Thats a good bit more than I envisioned so now I'm really excited about getting out into the garden and getting it ALL planted up for Fall.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah....Becky, you can plant such a variety. will you tryt planting it all or do you have certain favorites picked out already? I love summer squash and turnips. Both are really nice!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the list we will most likely plant beans, beets, lettuce, mustard greens and summer squash - MAYBE broccoli and cauliflower. Those are the ones I know EVERYONE in the house likes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...