Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Addicted to Memory Wire

I started playing around with some memory wire and glass seed beads and came up with these 3 bracelets. It's so much fun to work with; the next ones I make I'm going to find the little beads that you glur to the beginning and end of the wire with super glue as it is extremely hard to bend into a nice neat loop. I have enough to make one more bracelet. I'm thinking these would maje GREAT Christmas gifts for the nieces this year.


3 comments:

  1. Those are cute and very elegant and understated at the same time :) :) :) It's been a LONG time since I made bracelets...but I used crimp beads on both ends of my bracelet to hold the wire and the larger beads in place...Whatever you decide...post more pics as you make more...They're cute :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way and ruined my $12 crimpers trying to use crimp beads - memory wire is just to strong for them. But I did watch a video on You Tube on how to bend a perfect loop in memory wire and redid the ends on the ones pictured and they look much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...