Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A trip for Ice Cream and some current projects

Monday we went to Zesto's for some ice cream after dinner and since I had the camera I took a couple pictures to share here on my blog. This place is a definite MUST if you ever visit the Columbia, SC area - it's located in West Columbia on 12th Street and they have the most amazing ice cream and fried chicken. The GIANT ice cream cone out front makes it quite difficult to miss. The service is AWESOME and FAST; the whole restaurant is always super clean. You wouldn't be disappointed!







I completed a baby afghan that I've been working on; the center is knitted with two skeins of Paton's Melody in "Tutti Fruiti" and then I crocheted a shell edging using 2 skeins of Red Heart Baby Clouds in "Pink Lemonade" - I call it "Cotton Candy Baby" and I've added it to my box to start up my Etsy shop as soon as the box is full.


And I'm putting together some fabric for a baby quilt or two using pink and brown as the color scheme. If these work up as nice as I think they will also be added to my box to sell. I've also been thinking about a turquoise and brown color scheme. Both seem quite popular with the "baby bunch".




3 comments:

  1. Becky, Etsy sounds wonderful. With your talent, you are bound to do well. You have some beautiful things to start out with. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becky...a few blogger friends of mine sell thngs on Etsy too. I'd be curious to pick your brain on some things...like what's a "box"? Is it recommend to have an inventory of items to sell before you open a shop? I"m thinking about doing that...selling some of my kn itted things there to help bring in some extra income for my dad and I...Oh, I think these are great projects you're working on. Let me know when you open your store and I can talk about it on my blog!!! Have a great weekend. love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is just a plastic tub I've set aside to collect things to sell - a goal setter just for me. You can open a shop anytime; I just wanted to have at least 20 items to sell before I open it up. Thats just another goal for myself. And I will definitely let folks know when I've got it up and going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...