Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

OH MY... It's FRIDAY!

I tell you what - I am so glad it is Friday! I've had a good bit of pain this week in my leg muscles. Yesterday during processing the truck was the worst and that's when I got to thinking that I have not been getting enough fluids  (water) and started drinking; I'm feeling a lot better this morning and will drink several glasses of water before I leave for work.

My department has had quite the revamp this week so lots and LOTS and I mean LOTS of new papers in the scrap-booking department. Did I mention it was LOTS and do you know how heavy paper can get? OH MY! Another reason yesterday about did me in. I came home ate lunch and passed out and slept nearly all afternoon and we got Bojangles for dinner. Now the Bojangles trip really got us to laughing as I ordered 8 pieces of chicken and 4 biscuits as I had a coupon for that and then I ordered 3 large sides (coleslaw, pinto beans, mashed potatoes with gravy) and a gallon of iced tea. WELL... when we got to the window to pay and get our food we could barely get it through my window; just look at the "suitcase" they handed to me...

OH MY!!!! We had visions of the people behind us going on and on about "that's the reason they are fat"... "MY GOD... look how much they ordered" and such. Little would they know we have a 6 foot 3 eating machine at our house... aka son. I just ached so bad I didn't want to cook and we had enough leftovers to put together a lunch for Scott to take to work today between what I had made previous days and the Bojangle's leftovers.

The take out box has been set aside as it's big enough to make a bug out carrier for one of the cats in case a Hurricane has us hitting the road this year.... it was THAT big.

I better get some breakfast... I may post again later today but we will see how I feel after work. Lots of playing catch up today on some final projects.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Becky ~ sorry to hear about your leg pain. Do drink water all day as much as possible. Plus take a calcium/magnesium/potassium combo tablet or capsule as that is great for muscles. Also take 500 mgs. of Vit C twice a day. This is what the chiropractor told me to do after our car accident for muscle spasms and healing.

    Paper is heavy, especially bundled. I do hope your weekend is restful.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky sorry about your legs. I had a problem with aching legs and overwork. I started drinking peppermint tea with no sugar or honey and believe it or not it worked. Did you know peppermint tea is full of potassium and replenishes those muscles.
    That is a big box and I laughed at the way you described it. I never heard of this place.
    Rest some today Becky and let me know if you ever try the tea. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky

    I loved this post. In Australia we wouldn't eat biscuits with chicken but I know you your biscuits are different (but I'm not entirely sure what they are so please share if you feel inclined). I too take magnesium for tired, achey, twitching legs and it works really well.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...