Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

More of our walk...

I took so many pictures and want to share them all but I don't want to have posts that are too picture heavy and that is why I'm splitting this day up between several posts.

The trees are HUGE along this section of the river where the hand of man has not been in years. If these trees could talk I'm sure they would have Civil War stories to tell. Such grand hard woods! There were HUGE grape vines and the moss was growing everywhere. When we have more time to explore I'm sure there will be more beauty to share here. As it was we barely got back to our car before the sky let loose.

Grape vine

Excellent example of sedimentation

Buckeye

SO... with it raining and us not able to stay in the woods longer we decided to make a trip to the Old Mill Antique Mall just for something fun to do indoors... I think everyone had the same idea as the parking lot was packed when we got there  and when we left. When we pulled into the lot Scott had to grab the camera from me to get a few pictures of this nice Chevelle.
We don't have a lot of "spending" money but we did come across a couple things that came home with us. Scott found this delightful little wooden cigar box for $12... and it was 66% off that. So for $4.60 he got a bit of treasure...
He is planning to turn it into a small one tube radio.

I found 3 cook books that were 20% off their marked price. Altogether we only spent $10.67... woo hoo Big Spenders! Great day of fun... now while the rain has stopped I'm going out to the garden to pick some veggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...