Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Kids

Today as I  was leaving the store I witnessed something that truly disturbed me. A child was walking along playing a hand held game system unaware of anything or anyone around him and his Mother was steering him by holding his head. I'm sorry but WHAT THE HELL?! Don't these parents worry about their children being totally disconnected? I would so worry that my child would get kidnapped simply because they weren't aware of the danger. How are they ever going to develop that inner voice that tells them something bad is about to happen?

Children are loosing their ability to be curious about the World that surrounds them because they are more connected to the make believe Worlds inside boxes.

4 comments:

  1. that I have also seen and it is really totally totally scary :( I know what you mean by this :(

    hugs to you Becky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky some of my friends who are grandparents ban all hand held games and mobile phones when the grandkids visit, because they were fed up with the kids not communicating. And the 'big kids' can be just as bad...Miss 26 walks into our house talking on her mobile and during her visits it rings or beeps so many times. DH asked her to turn her cell phone off when we went to a cafe for lunch last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big kids ARE just as bad! I've finally broken my 32 year old sister of playing with her phone while she is chatting with me. Oh, it used to drive me crazy!

      Delete
  3. That is really something, Becky. I've never witnessed that particular handheld game -head steering, but I have seen many other similar things. Its sad. The kids don't know what they're missing. They're less safe. And they are the future...so I find it a little scary, too.

    A child in my life "needs" a portable DVD player while we are camping. Two children under five years old that I know have large televisions in their bedrooms. Another two play games on their mom's phone while waiting at the doctor rather than playing with the blocks and books and things provided. I seriously wonder what it will be like when they grow up. Children who've been plugged in all their lives. It will be...interesting, I think.

    I don't know what the solution is, but I don't think its being plugged in all the darn time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...