Search This Blog

Monday, September 06, 2010

Best Laid Plans

My plans for the day did not go as I had thought they would last night; but it's been an enjoyable day just the same. I was looking out our large front window where I sit at my computer and saw a gorgeous Red Tailed Hawk landing in the neighbors pine tree across the street so I grabbed the camera and tried to get a good picture before it flew off again. This is the only one I got... An absolutely stunning bird and a real joy to see so close.

This afternoon we went to La Fiesta with our friend, Robin and then the three of us walked by the river. It was a beautiful day and a lot of people were taking advantage of the day. We saw where some Beavers had been gnawing on some trees, sycamore leaves the size of dessert plates, fungi, blooms on some kudzu and wild clematis, berries on a French Mulberry bush and calming waters to listen to.








When we got home I was walking toward the side door into the house and was greeted by this green spider on a Tulip tree leaf; he was a little larger than a quarter but jumped at me and then shook the leaf like he was going to chase me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...