Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall Weeds


Yesterday Scott and I drove up to our 10 acres and walked around the place and fell in love with it all over again and decided to call the Realtor and take it off the market. It had been for sale for over 90 days and we decided that if it had not sold by that point we would do our best to just hold onto it.

Scott was smart and took an allergy pill before we left; I on the other hand did not and the place is overgrown with lots of Goldenrod and Mustard growing and blooming all over; so I'm sneezing my head off this morning. We need a Governor for the Gravely tractor and Scott says it will cost about $80 so I'm going to have to pinch extra hard to squeeze that amount out of our tight budget as we have to get that place mowed but can't afford to pay the neighbor to do it this year. We are thinking about having the pines harvested on our land but worry about the mess that the Loggers always leave behind. It would be nice to make a little money off the place somehow - perhaps make enough to pay that land off a bit faster. It's just a thought though.

The grass seed that we planted last winter has come up and grown in nicely where the Loggers had cut across our property and then cut us a road of sorts through the woods in payment for the damage they had created. We have a couple places that are still washing real bad and we will need to bring in a BUNCH of gravel to create a real driveway back to where we want to build our cottage. Greg is talking about building his own cottage and 3 bay garage up there as well. We will see what the future holds - perhaps his future wife won't like country living.

Well it's cleaning and laundry day and that dog of ours needs a bath BADLY before it turns too cold to give her one. So she will be my first chore so that I can clean that bathroom as soon as I am finished with her.

HAPPY MONDAY!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...