Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

What have I been up to???? You wonder....

Well I've been sewing some quilt blocks for a swap. The block is called "Turning Four - T" or the "Temperance" block... the instructions I found on the Web have been giving me a bit of trouble. Each one has turned out a different size - not sure whats going on but I'm pushing forward. Mine is the green T's and the blue T's will go to an on-line quilting friend in Illinois.














I've also been working on my next Round Robin (RR) Center that will start going around the Earth soon to the other quilter's in the group to add a row. I chose Halloween as my "Holiday RR" center. I found the perfect coloring page that I turned around and made into a transfer that I could embroider. Then I added a border to make it about 12" square (the starting size for this RR).



I've also crocheted a sweater and beanie hat set to go into my Etsy box. As soon as I get it full of goodies I will open my shop and announce the opening on here with a link. Bear with me... I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and afraid to jump on this one. (Just being honest).



Today I cleaned out the gutter that runs along the front of our garage as we are hoping for rain this weekend and I didn't want the garage to flood. I also swept a good portion of the driveway so that we won't walk in a bunch of leaf debris; at least for a little while. I put all the leaves into my 3-bin composter in the back yard and turned the stuff that was in the other two bins into the same bin as the leaves and layered it all so hopefully it will break down quickly. Our garden REALLY needs a bunch of nice organic material added so that next Springs garden will be FANTASTIC. Doing all that I earned myself a really nice deep blister on my left thumb... OUCH!

OH before all that I cleaned out the two bird feeders and filled them with sunflower seeds as we have had quite a few birds checking the feeders out lately. We are thinking with the drought conditions they may be having trouble finding things to eat as well as the water issue. I refilled the birdbath this morning also. I truly hope that we do get some rain this weekend.

I better get the rest of my dinner made - the fella's will be home soon and HUNGRY!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky...O I wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and sending me emails too :) :) I LOVE your quilt blocks...My favorite is the one with the greens!!! Very nice....I need to get back to working on my flannel quilt...It's been too long. I"m always in awe and admiration of ladies like you who can quilt and make these beautiful things with your sewing machines :) :) :) ...love the little baby hat and jacket, too!!! Let me know when you start your Etsy shop...and I can tell my friend about it!!!

    Have a great weekend. love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...