Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Butterfly pictures and a project

Yesterday I made a Christmas gift - can't say what it is or whom it's for but I will show this much. It's 100% Wool and I want one for myself as well. I will have to include specific care instructions so that it doesn't shrink to Barbie size and hope the receiver reads them. I had enough yarn left to make myself a delightful little wool coaster for my coffee mug to set on at my desk. Perhaps my coffee will stay hot longer while sitting on this; my desk is metal and it seems to zap the heat right out of my mugs.














Yesterday I was able to catch a few photos of one of the black butterflies that visit my lantana by the lamp post. This one looks like it's had quite a few close calls with birds; it's wings were looking pretty raggedy. I absolutely love the delayed shutter control on our little camera. These didn't turn out as well as the previous ones as this butterfly did NOT like the added attention it was getting. I need to set a chair up out there that I could just sit and wait for them so that they would get used to my presence... perhaps I could even catch a picture of some of the tiny hummingbirds that visit.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now I"m intrigued with the wool project. The butterfly is gorgeous and the blues on the wings are so beautiful!! Have a good week, Becky. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...