Search This Blog

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Squishy in my Mailbox and More

When I went out to my mailbox today I discovered a wonderful "SQUISHY"... the best thing to find in ones mailbox. In it I found the small bag and I say "SMALL" but really mean BIG as this is nice and deep and has LOADS of extra pockets. The bag was part of a "Small Bag" swap with my on-line quilting group; I sent 2 FQ's, some trim and closures to my partner, Lisa and she added a fabric and her talents to make me this awesome bag. Right up my alley too... KITTY CAT'S ALL THE WAY! LOVE IT!!!!
HA HA... An Alley Cat Bag!





Yesterday I worked some more on the Batik Quilt and got it all laid out and the rows pinned together; ready for sewing. I got one row sewn together and the rest are still waiting for me. I also made two pillow tops using the remnants from the strips used to make the block units. I will add something to make them a perfect 12x12 pillow. I'm debating whether to keep these pillow tops of a sort of remembrance of this project or to include them with the quilt as part of the gift. I'll come to a decision by the time it's all ready for mailing. I haven't been feeling too well the past couple of days and have been sleeping a good bit - I think the Fall Hibernation bug is trying to hold me down.



Tesla has been sticking quite close to me and cutting up every chance he gets to have his belly rubbed. I think he is the only cat I have ever had that has enjoyed his tummy rubbed. Such a goof ball and when one of us leaves the house he pines and pines and carries on meowing and meowing.

Yesterday morning I had the windows open and the front door as well and I caught sight of movement on the front porch - a Morning Dove was gathering grit from the front porch; not in the least concerned about any of the neighborhood cats. It kept looking in the front door so I grabbed the camera and took it's picture before it caught sight of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky...

    I'm sorry you've been feeling a bit under the weather...I'll be praying you feel better soon..and hopefully all those super fun projects will keep you going :) :)

    Oh, I have a new favorite word "squishy"..Thank you...That's what I'll call all future gifties that I receive in jiffy-packs in the mail :) :) :) The gift you received is super cute!!! I love kitty cats too!!

    Oh, Tesla...how cute is that..One of my friends had a cat that would always sleep on her back with her two front paws gently tucked up underneath her kitty cat chin...like a little furry angel...Tesla is really comofortable in your home. That's the sign of a great pet parent :) :) Oh, I'm sure he does that...acts extra cute...extra cuteness means more belly rubs, right?

    The morning dove is lovely!!! Isn't God good to create such different creatures? So beautiful!!! Have a great weekend. Oh, LOVe the colors in your quilt :) :) :) You're so talented. I need to start working on my flannel quilt again.

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...