Search This Blog

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Quilt Progress


Well last night I left off at this point....

The blocks just needed to be sewn down the middle and thats just what I did when I first got up this morning. The blocks are all sewn into complete blocks now; I still have some pressing and trimming to do but I should be able to get the top done tomorrow. I would have had it done today but decided that I would go ahead and sew the squares and rectangles together that will make up the binding for the quilt. I even got it pressed in half and ready to be sewn to the edge of the quilt when the time comes. I'm hoping that I have enough to go all the way around the quilt. Time will tell on that one - the binding I made is rolled up in the center of the following photo...

Once I get the remaining blocks pressed and trimmed I will play around with the layout so that I don't get globs of the same colors right next to one another. I think it's going to be quite lovely when completed.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, these are beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...