Search This Blog

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Project for Love


I've decided to make the quilt featured on the cover of the Sept./Oct. issue of McCalls Quilting for my nephew and his new bride. I will be doing it in Batiks instead of prints. I've got nearly all the strips cut - just need another 28 of the 1 1/2" strips and then I can get started sewing. I may cut more strips so that I can make it one block longer - we'll see. For now I am cutting what the pattern calls for. I've all ready cut way more 2 1/2" squares and 2 1/2"x 4 1/2" rectangles than I need for the binding so cutting a few more strips for blocks shouldn't be a problem at all. The Batiks were all in my stash waiting for the perfect project so I'm using something else up... which will make Scott happy. He laughs every time he comes in my sewing room when I'm working in there - says it smells like Jo-Ann Fabrics - can't imagine why!
HA HA!

4 comments:

  1. Becky, I love your fabrics! God bless you for being able to cut it all like that -- it would take me days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I LOVE about a Rotary Cutter, mat and ruler - I can cut up to 6 strips at once. Makes the cutting part go pretty quickly and then strip piecing goes pretty fast as well. It's like wham bam thank you mam and you have a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Make sure you keep that pair for nothing but fabric. Once you cut paper with them they'll be dull as anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...