Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

UP Earlier than the alarm....

I'm not sure why I got up at 4:30 but I just can't lay in that bed a minute more this morning. I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee in the REAL quiet of this day. The cats were fine with me up early - early breakfast for them.

The Newspaper delivery man went by about 10 minutes ago and it must be a pretty easy route now since so many of us just read the News On-line these days. The State always has someone sitting in the front of our grocery store on the weekends trying to get people to subscribe by offering a "FREE" copy of the Newspaper that day. I wonder what has become of the people that used to deliver so many Newspapers- probably a lot of them have had to find new work. When I first moved here in 1982 there were actually TWO Newspaper's delivered each day - The State in the morning and then in the afternoon you could get The Columbia Record. Times certainly have changed. My Mother-in-law gets aggravated with The State as they always end articles with - "read more about this On-line"; she doesn't have or want a computer. I think they are missing the mark with her generation; a lot of them just don't want to embrace the technology.

Speaking of finding new work - Scott has two phone interviews next week for jobs more fitting to his abilities so we have our fingers crossed that something will become of one of them. He really needs to be solving problems for someone instead of doing re-work.
Both Businesses are with-in driving distance of our house so we would not have to move anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hope Scott gets the best job suited for him.

    We got up late this morning, almost 7, but that's because I've been sick and DH feels like he might be coming down with what I had. We're usually up between 5-6.

    Hope you have a great day.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Becky...that's awesome...two job interviews for your husband. I'll pray that God will bring just the right job to him...and that it will be something that blesses both of you. I know that my job frustrates me sometimes, BUT I'm so thankful to be working in a time when so many don't have work :) :) Keep me updated and I'll continue to pray in that regard!!!!
    I'm up super early too...because of work. Today is actually my day off and I SWORE I would sleep in...well, I woke up at 5 a.m. What? My dad and I went for a coffee run to The Human Bean shortly after 5 a.m. I'll take a shower in a few minutes and then maybe go back to bed.
    Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes Gals - I'm hoping and praying we are able to get some health insurance soon; we can't afford to pay the premiums for Cobra so we are living precariously without any. SCARY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...