Search This Blog

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Yesterday's Progress on Batik Quilt

Yesterday I got all the strips sewn into the strip units and pressed well. Then I got about half of those cut into the 4 1/2" units to create the blocks and I left off last night in the middle of sewing some of the units together. I didn't sleep well at all last night and if my sewing room was out in the bonus room I would have just kept sewing well into the night/morning. But it's not and I didn't want to disturb Scott's sleep since he had to work today. I've gone through about 6 bobbins of thread and when the bobbin I'm using now runs out I will have to stop and wind some more so that I can continue. Thats OK -I'm using up a bunch of thread. Once I get this quilt done and a few block swap items made I'm going to make my winter robe because I have a feeling it won't be too much longer and I'm going to NEED it in the mornings. I can hardly wait to have it done as it's a gorgeous paisley print fleece. Always another project in my head.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, so pretty!!!! I was drooling over all those nice fabric strips. I can't wait to see the finished project ;) :) :) I need to get my flannel quilt out and start working on it again. At this rate, I'll be a little old lady before I finish and I"m only 30-something now :) :) :) Oh, post a picture of the winter robe when you finish that too...You are so craft!!! Love it!!! Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...