Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Good CHILLY morning!

It is 28*F here this morning and Scott's car was frosted over. He so wanted to stay home today as it's cold and he wasn't feeling too hot but he pressed on and has gone to work. I will be spending the afternoon with my niece and I can hardly wait to see her. She is going to Converse College in Spartanburg so I don't get to see her too often these days.

I've been busily sewing away and have a good bit more sewing to do before Monday. I'm using from my "stash" and coming up with lots of cute things for gifts. Exploring my stash has been so much fun and I definitely DON'T need to buy anymore fabric this next year. Will try very hard not to - perhaps that will be one of my New Year's Resolutions - NO FABRIC PURCHASES IN 2010! I'm sure the folks at Jo-Ann's won't like that much but I will still need notions and thread on occasion but NO FABRIC! Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this deal.

The collards and onions that we have growing in the garden are doing really well. I can hardly wait to have a batch of fresh collards from the garden. No fear of whether they have been sprayed with any poison as we grow everything organically. I've got to plant some salad greens as they will grow in cool weather too. Although from what I've heard on the radio the weather folks are saying we should plan on ICE in January. That is something I could do without as the last big ice storm we were out of power for DAYS and ended up having to shower at my Mother-in-laws and eating out at restaurants.

Last night Scott's ROTC group from High School had a reunion at Ryans. I'm so glad Scott decided to go as he had SO MUCH fun! And Greg loved talking with everyone as well; Greg is a real out going people person. I enjoyed talking with several of the ladies as well. All in all it was a good evening.

Better get this day started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...