Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

An Early Start to the day...

Scott and I are both up all ready and enjoying our first cup of coffee. No point laying in the bed getting achy. I will take down all the Christmas decorations today; we don't leave it up until New Years like most people. Once it's over I want it taken down and everything put away. I think I will take the time to clean out our closet where we store decorations and gift-wrap. Some things in there just need to find a new home as we haven't used them in years. In fact I need to do a DEEP clean on this entire house and purge stuff that we haven't used in years. No point having it around doing nothing for us except collecting dust and adding to the chaos.

I was reading on another blog how he starts flower seeds in 2 liter soda pop bottles and I believe that we will give it a try. Tuesday is trash day and I am hoping to find some 2 liter bottles in recycling bins. I'll post pictures of what I come up with. I have a TON of flower seeds; some being quite old so I don't know if they will even sprout but I will give it a try.

I need to get the bed beside the garage prepared for the horseradish, rhubarb and asparagus that I ordered from Gurneys. Perhaps I will work on that some this week. Scott needs to rebuild one more bed and our garden rebuild will be complete - unless we decided to enlarge it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...