Search This Blog

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Glorious Saturday Morning

The sun is up and I am having a "lazy morning"; Greg has gone to drill at the Fort and Scott has slept in and I've had the morning to just sip coffee and play around on the Internet. Which has been quite nice after the ruff night I had with my upper back aching. I attended "Yarn Night" at Michael's (where I work) and knitted for 3 straight hours... next time I will pace myself and take breaks every 15 to 20 minutes. I'm going to write another post on that later.

The cats have their own after breakfast routine...
Mr. Tesla in the sunshine.


Nickie against his favorite chair and blanket directly behind me.

They were a little miffed with me as I was quite late feeding them as they usually eat at 3 AM during the week. I have yet to feed the dogs but will get to them in just a little while.

The embroidery design I want to put on the needle cases are coming along. I printed off 4 copies and am going over them with a red iron on pencil. I may be able to use the transfer more than once and if that is the case I will send a copy in my give-a-way package as well.It's meant to be done in DMC or other floss but I am planing to do it in seed beads. I got the pattern off from needlenthread.com. They have a LOT of printable embroidery patterns if anyone is interested. I just chose this one as it is the perfect size and I think it will look amazing on the front of the needle cases.

I better get the dogs fed and a late breakfast made so that Scott and I can go blackberry picking before it get too hot. I'll post more later.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Kitty pics. I love blackberries I will be right over well maybe after they are picked:) B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of your cats. Hope the blackberry picking was successful. That used to be an activity I did with the girls but they are far too grown up for that now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lovely contented cats :-) Thank you for the details of the website to get designs from!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...