Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Glorious Morning

I've been able to sit here at my desk and watch the sun come up this morning and even turned the A/C off so I could open the front door and listen to the birds starting their day.

Today I am going to help some friends in their hay field; something I haven't done in years but I fling freight at work so I'm used to the physical labor. My only concern is getting enough to drink and I plan to pick up a bag of ice and some water and Gatorade to have in a cooler. And some fruit for a snack so I don't have a drop in blood sugar while working.

The other day I mailed the little box of handmade items off to it's winner in the UK (Congrats again Lou) and I got an estimate on the postage for the larger package to go to South Africa - gotta save my money for that one.

I've made a little progress on the beaded needle-case but need to get busy as I have 4 to make and I don't want the "swappees" to think I've forgotten them. I will work on this one some more this morning. It's not perfect but I think it is still turning out quite pretty. I will switch colors around on each one so they are all a bit different.
While Scott and I were at work Greg snapped this picture of this huge lizard on the side of our house. I wish he'd gotten a little closer up but I'm sure the thing would have took off if he had. I think it is a Broad Headed Skink but I can't be sure.

I better get my day started.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...