Search This Blog

Friday, June 08, 2012

What I was up to this morning....


Once Scott left for work I decided to take my last cup of coffee out onto the front steps where I could sit and watch the sunrise and listen to the birds greeting the day. It's quite a special time of day for me especially when I can be at home and thoroughly enjoy it.

Then I decided to head into my hobby room and get some things accomplished. I got the "nickels" cut out for May AND June so that I will be ahead on that monthly swap. May was "flowers" and June "things with fur".

I also made a "scrappy" block for our groups May block lotto winner. I hope Carrolyn will like it.

Then I got busy on the pastel blocks that are WAY PAST DUE and have them ready to go. I'm keeping the one in ALL pastels and sending the others off to my swap partners; only 3 of us decided to do this swap.

Now I'm working on needle cases... trying to get an interesting design I found on the Internet transferred onto the fabric so that I can bead embroider them. I'll post a picture later once I get one completed - I have to make 4 of them. Once they are completed I can start work on my "dress my gal" block as well as start dressing Mary Lou's gal - this is a "Round Robin" type swap where each participant adds a bit to each persons gal... you'll understand better once I start... ah... hang on. OK... this is Mary Lou's "Gal"... what color dress do you think I should make her? Or should I just sew on some undergarments first?

Or maybe I should give her some hair... decisions decisions. To be fair to Mary Lou's gal I will post a photo of my Gal in all "her glory" before I mail her out.

I just got the mail and my order came in from Flipacano2's Artfire Store has arrived and everything is absolutely wonderful I got some GIANT shipping tags, some mini paper bags, some acrylic flowers, organza and satin flowers and some tiny little ceramic type roses... oh and some flat backed pearls. I'm thrilled with it all... can't wait to put it to use. She is doing her drawing today for a give-a-way on her You Tube Channel as well... I hope I win. :)

Play time is over - Scott's home and I need to get some dinner made. Lost track of time... YEAH!

2 comments:

  1. Your talent always makes me smile I wish I was crafty like you. Enjoy your time with Scott Becky and have a good weekend. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had a very productive day Becky :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...