Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Another "SQUISHY" mail day

I received a lovely "squishy" in today's mail from a "Quilt" friend in Maine. Diane's package arrived today AND the package I had mailed to her was returned for insufficient postage; I used THEIR machine and applied the postage it said it required and yet it was returned... oh well I will try to mail it again tomorrow. I am just too tired to drive anymore today and my ears are all plugged up and are a bit painful. Not getting enough rest but I will catch up on it this weekend. Back to the package FROM Diane...



Close-up of the needlcase
She sent me some gorgeous "Nickels in the themes for each month - floral and things with fur. And she made me a GORGEOUS needle case and a 12 1/2" Pastel Block. My mail has been quite sad lately with Greg and Scott getting the majority of the Postal mail so today's package really brightened my day. I do correspond a lot more via the Internet though and have made some lovely friends on here. It really is an amazing creation.

Our vegetable garden....

Watermelon vine - TAKING OVER!
We have tomato plants, a couple pepper plants, a few onions, some surprise zinnias and a LOT of pumpkins and watermelon. OH and sweet potatoes! The pumpkins and watermelons are taking over! I've got to try to transplant some of the pumpkins as Greg planted like 20 in ONE raised bed... OH MY! I nearly forgot the volunteer mustard greens that have come up and we have a mystery vine that we think is butternut squash. I'm going to plant some salad greens, potatoes(that have sprouted in our bin) and perhaps some other things this weekend.

It's really been a hectic week at work trying to get ahead on next weeks task as Monday and Tuesday our entire focus will be on INVENTORY! Thankfully we will have an Inventory crew in there doing the actual counting but it is always stressful. And since I feel other's emotions so deeply I will be feeling every bit of the stress that all of the Managers are putting out.

Only a day and a half left to get in on my hand crafted give-a-way! All you have to do is become a follower by clicking on the JOIN THIS SITE button on the right and go back to this post - 1000th-visitor-give-way and leave a comment... that is it! And after breakfast Sunday I will have my hubby draw a winner! If my spinning globe has reached 2000 by then I will draw a second prize winner and they will receive a SECRET prize (hand crafted item).




3 comments:

  1. Oh Becky please take care of yourself Rest is what you need. Love the needle case. Take care B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Squash and Zuccini plants has took over our garden. Everything is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more squash in my garden now then we can ever eat ...I have to remember that I should only plant one or two seeds. Last year it was watermelon this year squash...will I ever learn? I love your photos of the river I must go take a nice long walk there again it has been so long. Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...