Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Swap Apron

Yesterday after I got home from work I started working on the apron I will send to Jo in the UK as part of the Apron Swap on Down to Earth.
Traced around an OLD apron and added a half inch seam allowance.

For the pockets I traced around a box of crackers.

I wanted rounded corners so used a bowl for those.

Pocket pattern piece.

OOPS! Marker bled through onto counter top - no worries rubbing alcohol took it right off.

Fold two fabrics right sides together and stack one atop the other.

Pin down pattern pieces through all 4 layers making sure the design is pointing toward the top of the apron. OH I just used one of my rotary rulers and sort of free handed the pattern piece for the ties.

All cut out except I needed another set of 4 apron strings  - 8 total pieces NOT 4; I was having a BAD day yesterday where things just felt muddled in my brain. But it's all cut out now and I've begun sewing the pieces. I'll post more after work today. I am hoping to get this completed and in the mail by tomorrow. I may make a couple pot holders to match as well and pop a recipe or two in the pockets. I love these fun swaps!

2 comments:

  1. Your so amazing with your projects and kindness to others..
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I admire such talented seamstresses as you who just make up patterns like this. Someday, with a bit more practice, I shall be brave enough to try it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...