Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

More Fun Stuff

At Michael's crafts we sell a kit to make plaster ornaments of babies hand prints or animal paw prints and I am thinking about getting a kit to do the cats and dogs prints. But then I got to thinking there has to be a "free" way to do this as well and so I went looking and found this recipe... ornament-and-handprint-clay

And for something that looks SUPER fun and Science oriented check out these homemade Lava Lamps I want to do this sometime when I have some "littles" visiting.

I'll keep looking for more fun things to do from now til Christmas as well as posting some family favorite recipes along the way.

I got up at 5:30 this morning and did some quiet straightening up so the fellas could sleep a bit longer. And then made a pork chop and scrambled egg breakfast. Then more piddling about; lunch and a nap... now to buy groceries. YUCK! I HATE SHOPPING! I know weird for a woman huh?

6 comments:

  1. You are not alone -- I hate shopping too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife hates grocery shopping also so maybe it's not so weird. Clothes shopping a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY hate clothes shopping - hate the styles, fit, smells - I would rather make my clothes so I guess it's good that I know how. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like shopping either. I do it because I have to. Am not much into clothes or shoe shopping either to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not I am one of those women that loves to grocery shop...hate to clothes shop the prices depress me. I do look at grocery shopping as an adventure...one where I can save money I guess I like a challenge!

    Make you a deal...I will do your grocery shopping and you can make me clothes:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to make lava lamps when my niece and nephew visit! That would be a fun little science project!

    I dislike to clothes shop and feel I have enough already so I just don't do it really. I will take a gander at the thrift store though when we happen to be going there for something else.

    I don't care to grocery shop either. Matt does it almost all solo. I don't hate or love it....but it works better schedule wise for Matt to do it which draws no complaint here.

    I really enjoy shopping the farmer's market though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...