Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

UGLY FABRIC= LOVELY OUTCOMES

I was sent some of this "ugly" fabric to make something out of it and then send it back as something lovely.

I really had to dig through my bins to find fabric that would go with it as I am NOT buying any fabric in 2010 - I have to use up this stash. Once I found 3 other fabrics to match I got started and then decided that I was going to use up every bit of her ugly fabric to send back as I didn't want any left to be added to my stash that I am trying to work my way out of.... so... I started sewing and sewing and sewing.... here are the results:



A HUGE tote bag with pockets on both interior sides and a magnetic snap closure.




A make-up bag (it's lined with the ugly fabric)



And a wallet that snaps closed and has places for pictures at the top; a zipped compartment for money and slots for credit cards at the bottom.



I may have a few bits of her fabric left but not enough to make my stash look larger so I'm done. I'll be mailing these items back to her now and I hope that she enjoys them. Now to find a box.. hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...