Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WOOHOO! WINTER!

OK.. it feels more like Winter than Fall this evening. It's 45*F and the wind chill is making it feel 39*F at 5 PM EST - here in South Carolina. It's actually warmer in my hometown in Upstate New York - and the cloud cover looks like it could start snowing at any moment.

I haven't put up any decorations yet and probably won't for at least another week; but I have my thinking cap on for what I would like to do. I want to do a bit more this year as we have a lot to be Thankful for and I think Greg and Rachel would enjoy the decorations as well. This is their 2nd Christmas dating.

Shoppers are piling into the stores daily; where I work we have a backed up line by 10 AM and we open at 9 AM - it's really crazy. I'm so glad I'm out of there by 10:30. My gifts will be handcrafted except for a few small things for Scott and Greg. On my side of the family we will have gifts for my parents and the younger children and on Scott's side we will have gifts for the members that we have the most contact with - adults. Funny how that seems to work out.  Of course the items I make will be functional and useful with perhaps a little glitz added in along the way.

No photo's today - just wanted to pop in and leave a short message to let you all know we haven't fallen off the edge of the planet. Take care - stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. HI Becky :) :)

    I'm glad it's busy at work. It makes the day go faster :) :) Hopefully, the customers are nice, too :) :)

    I'm making all my gifts this year...mainly due to economy...and that's the only way I can cover all my loved ones :) :) Have a great week, Becky :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...