Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

FINALLY!

I was finally able to get set up in the dining room today and managed to get a little sewing done. Not as much as I wanted to but tomorrow is another day.
I made the block mentioned in the previous post but I'm not 100% satisfied with it and plan to make Diane another block in the future. This one just gave me fits and the colors weren't varied enough so you can hardly see all the points AND it turned out too small. I'm sending it on to her anyway in the hopes she will be able to use it in another sampler quilt.
Then I moved on to a "Fall" block for Mary Lou and this one is coming together much better. All I have left to do is sew the components together and then it can go into her envelope. Once hers is done I will have just one left to make for Carrolyn and she requested a floral theme. I have the fabric all ready chosen from my stash and a pattern for the block so I can just make it up in the morning. I will be so glad to have these completed so that I can move on to Christmas gifts. 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. I love both blocks, but the "Fall" block is my favorite.
    Glad to hear you've been able to get the chance to get some sewing done and it sounds like you're enjoying your days off!
    Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with your family.
    Take care!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...