Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

Drizzle...

Today has started with a continuation of yesterdays weather... drizzling rain. I've been up since 4 as Scott had to be to work at 6 this morning; they are working a ten hour shift today and tomorrow and a half day Wednesday and he will be home Thursday and Friday.

I had thought about going back to bed and then the inner Cleaning Wench took over and I have cleaned both bathrooms, striped the bed, sorted the laundry and now have 5 loads to push through the washer and dryer then fold and put away. Next I will be dusting and vacuuming so that for the entire Holiday weekend I will be FREE from housework to play and enjoy Scott's family.

I have started some brandied fruit for fruit cakes. Should have started it on the 1rst of November as now I will be rushing it a bit adding fruit and sugar every 10 days instead of every 2 weeks like the recipe says. Oh well - I'm sure it will still be delicious.

Mom, Robin and I attended the Craftsmen Christmas Classic at the State Fair grounds on Saturday. I'm afraid we wore Mom slap out as she was exhausted that night. We ended up taking her home as we felt she was too exhausted to make it back on her own. She needs not drive long distances anymore so next time I WILL drive up and get her and bring her down to stay with us a few days. I want to spend time with her but not at the expense of her health. Back to the Crafts Show - IT WAS AWESOME! We all came away with a LOT of GREAT ideas! Robin said that she went home and threw pottery all afternoon and has quite a bit toward Christmas gifts now. She put me to shame as I am still mulling some of them over in my mind. Once I'm done with the housework today I will be knitting some items this afternoon. Well I better get back to the housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...