Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

Calm and quiet Friday the 13th

I went over to the store and picked up my last paycheck. It feels so good to be free from the stresses of management. I am enjoying rediscovering the homemaker within me and have spent today cooking and baking for tonights meal... ham, mac and cheese (from scratch) and pork and beans. And the meal will end with a delicious slice of banana coconut cream pie made completely from scratch - crust to meringue.

I picked up a beading board and some gift boxes while I was at the store and plan to make some jewelry to give as gifts at Christmas. So many projects in the works. One is a HUGE undertaking that I must get going on if I am to have it done in time.

Right now we have onions and collard greens growing in our little garden and we have one bed thats all prepped to plant something; just waiting for a bit of sun to work under. It's still kinda dreary here and I believe that it is affecting Greg most. He is fighting depression this week. I keep thinking he would benefit from a sun lamp of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...