Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Backwoods Home Magazine

I've been catching up on my reading and have a stack of Backwoods Home and Countryside magazines. I'm currently reading through the Sept/Oct 2009 issue of Backwoods Home and in it they have a wonderful article by Jackie Clay that contains some awesome "mix" recipes - Baking Mix, Powdered "cream of"soup base and Hot Cocoa mix that you can make up yourself for pennies. Time to keep my eyes open for a good buy on powdered milk. I REALLY want Jackie Clay's book - Growing and Canning Your Own Food. Perhaps Santa will bring it this year.

Nickie's polydactyl arch nemesis was down from the corner so I brought Nick in - he wanted to be in the "warm" anyway. The two of them fighting - no wonder the injuries can be so bad.

Working on laundry this morning since Scott is working. I hope that something else comes along soon as he is not too thrilled with what he is doing now.

1 comment:

  1. Don't think I have ever heard of this magazine. Sounds like something my mom would like.


    Magazines

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...