Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

WOW! Blast from the past...

I decided to go through the cedar chest for "memories" from high school... and I found SO many more but this post will focus on what I went looking for this morning.

For whatever reason I held onto these two progress reports from 1980. I think it had to do with the fact that these were two of my favorite teachers.

Mrs Shearer was my Home Ec teacher and Ms Cushing taught English. Both beautiful people inside and out as well. I hope life has been good to them.

I guess the next stop would be Junior Prom - YES I held onto these souvenirs...
Our Prom song was Keep On Loving You; The boys won the vote on the song choice... I think they cheated! You know whats really funny is I don't even remember what the girls wanted; perhaps the boys were just dead on with their choice. I went with my Cousin Heather and two friends as none of us had dates but wanted to go so we went "Stag". Oh well... some boys loss... I think I looked quite lovely.


I for whatever reason have held onto my cap and gown from graduation as well in that old cedar chest. It's badly stained now but it still brings back memories.
I love this photo of myself holding my youngest sister, Ronda right after the graduation ceremony. It was so wonderful having my entire family with me for that event.
I even found a graduation announcement and thought I'd share our class motto.
 And to just peek back to where it all started here is the hand print I did in kindergarten.
Yes I have even a few mementos from THAT far back. I try not to hang on to everything but I do have a few choice items and I will share more at a later date.

6 comments:

  1. It's late Saturday night ( nearly midnight)here but I thought I'd just check whether you had found some memorabilia before I turned in.Wow that's amazing, I love everything...such memories for you. Many of the friends in my post have also kept the school year books for each year but mine are quite marked and stained from storage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret from my class remembered this:
    Awesome! I still can't believe the boys in our class actually organized themselves enough to vote "Keep On Loving You" the prom song -- the girls all wanted Air Supply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun! I have a lot of things packed away, too, and I always get a kick out of going through my old yearbooks and school newspapers. Sometimes it seems like it was just last week instead of 33(almost 34...gasp!) years ago that I was in high school.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going down memory lane from high school ..Sue from "My Journey" is my friend since 5th grade... she still lives in our home town..You just found your "Reflecting Good Vibrations" for this week! :)

    ~~peace & love & joy & blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time not keeping every memento. I am an emotional pack-rat. But, I am getting better.

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...