Search This Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Cooking and Food Questionaire

Stuff about cooking and food

Paul tagged me to share some stuff about cooking and food.

1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
I just can't remember who it was... I was just reading several blogs and when I finally braved leaving a comment I just opened a blog account to leave the comment and started my own blog.

2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
My Grandmother and my Mother-in-law - both EXCELLENT cooks

3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
This one I have a hard time picking just one as I have so many... I especially love cookbooks put out in the 1950's and earlier as they came before the mix of this and the mix of that... I'm an "ingredients" cook - I like knowing whats REALLY in my food. One newer cookbook I do enjoy is The Joy of Cooking.

4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
I've not really been to any foreign countries... just the Virgin Islands. And I enjoyed the Rum ice cream on the cruise there.

6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)? I would like my kitchen remodel completed but thats not really a gadget is it...lol. Let's see.. I would definitely LOVE some more Spoonula's!

7. Who taught you how to cook?
My Grandma - I was in the kitchen helping her VERY early in life and really got to start learning a lot of stuff at the age of 8 or 9 when she was ill and my Grandpa wasn't a cook at all but we both needed to eat. So I made boiled potatoes and they weren't cooked all the way through but he ate them anyway and said,"It's OK.. you are just learning". He died when I was 10 and she passed away when I was 28. But I learned a LOT from my Grandma when her health returned. I also took ever Home Ec course I could though High School - cooking and sewing.

8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
OH... another difficult one... lets see... Meatloaf is always good but I also make some wonderful Lemon Pepper Chicken or my Lasagna and mixed green salad.. ok I'd make the Lasagna and a beautiful mixed salad.

 9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
Snicker ice cream bars

10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I can't seem to fry anything... so Scott is the "Fry Daddy" around here. So if I prepare fish it's baked (healthier anyway) but when Scott fries up some fish... OH MY! It melts in your mouth!

Finally…tag 5 other bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!

I nominate:
Tania 
Tracy 
Christine 
FlowerLady 
Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...