Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just in Case You're Bored

I came across this adorable dish cloth pattern today and have saved it to make later. Then I thought other folks may like to give it a try so am sharing the link to the pattern . It's done in simple crochet stitches so would be an easy beginner+ project that would be completed quickly and it would make a great take along project for those times when we are having to sit and wait someplace.

I've been looking through old magazines for a friend in search of a quilt block pattern for Butterflies with fan wings...no luck yet but boy have i found a lot of OTHER fun projects. One is a quilted duffle bag that I would love to make for myself - actually one for Scott and one for myself to take on weekend getaways - we are hoping to do that once again.

I've enjoyed looking through these while sitting in front of the heater here in the front room where I can also watch the birds come and go to the feeder that I filled with fresh seed last night as it was to be so cold. I think the squirrels eat the majority of the seed.

I also came across a delightful little bag to crochet for my new smart phone - time to dig in my "yarn stash" to make myself one of those. As I said.. I've found lots of fun projects in these old magazines.
I received these lovelies in a nice squishy today from Marlene in Maine. Aren't they lovely? I ADORE the cat potholder!  The signature Star block will be a wonderful addition to the others that I received. It will be fun to put together.

BOY! Was I fragmented and all over the place in this one... sorry about that.

2 comments:

  1. Still a very enjoyable post..love finding old stashed project patterns..
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this from time to time, go through my old magazines and "dream" about all the projects I would like to make...I must make a cover for my new phone too.

    Thank you for sharing the dishcloth pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...