Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Spring!



My tulip tree is starting to really put on her yearly show. I was afraid yesterdays storms would knock all of the blooms off so I ran out and got a few pictures even though it was overcast. Surprisingly it still looks gorgeous today. It seems every year that as soon as the blossoms get to this stage it storms hard or it freezes and ruins the display.
I've had a bit of a sore throat today so didn't do a whole lot just rested as much as possible as I have to work the next 4 days. I did get a little slip made for my doll. I didn't have enough tiny snaps for the shoulders so I used small buttons instead; I LOVE the automatic button hole foot on my White Quilter's Star - can't praise it enough. Next I will make her a dress and maybe a sweater or coat.

The next few days between working and housework I have to get some uniforms in order for Greg. He had to get bigger tops so I have to transfer insignias from his old too small tops to the new tops BEFORE Friday night as he ships out early Saturday morning. He'll be gone for his yearly 2 weeks training.

1 comment:

  1. I love the tree! And buttonholes still get me, even though I have a buttonhole foot. I think they terrify me! I have two baby dresses waiting for buttons... the thought of messing it up at this stage keeps them UFO's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...