Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

AWA Meet

We only sold a few things but all in all we had a wonderful time and so enjoyed the time together in Charlotte, North Carolina at the Antique Wireless Association Meet.
All anxious to get in the gate and set up....

AND THEY'RE OFF!

This is the lot from the Motel's back door.
It's a ship... no it's a clock... wait... it's a radio

Our friend Gerald with his "red wagon"

OH LOOK! James Brown!
Interesting!

I'm sure Scott will post more on his blog as I know he went "inside" and took photos of the "SHOW PIECES". Some real beauties to be sure all restored and looking brand new. We talked about all the families that sat in front of these old radios and listened to the WWII News and Reports. AMAZING! (Not James Brown to be sure but many of the others).

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun day. I love the old radios. I'm 70 and remember sitting in front of one of the old radios listening for news about the Korean war when my brother was over there. Thanks for sharing pictures that brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...