Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweater Progress

I've made a little progress on Abby's sweater for her birthday. I have to get it finished by Wednesday so that I can mail it to her before her party on the 20th. I had added the green stem strip but didn't like how it looked so I pulled it out and will try again tomorrow when there is daylight. For now the little flowers will have to wait for their stems and centers. The centers are supposed to be done in French knots but I can't get the bright yellow bamboo yarn anywhere around here so I am thinking of using some bright yellow beads for the centers instead. I think Abby would like them better anyway. I'll check my "bead stash" in the morning.

The yellow yarn that I got for the centers is just too pale so I will have to use it for baby booties. It's a super soft bamboo that will make some absolutely lovely booties; it's Bernat Bamboo - Natural Blends in corn/mais.
I finally talked Scott into going to the Doctor; he has a sinus infection  and will be on an antibiotic for the next 2 weeks. I knew it was getting serious because he just wasn't getting any better and then last night he was pitching a fever and was just feeling horrible so I told him he WAS GOING to the Dr today!

On the way home it was warm enough outside to have the windows cracked and we could hear a tap tap tap from one of my tires and it wasn't going away like a stone so Scott checked the tires and I have a led headed nail in one of my tires. He said that he will try to fix it in the morning before I have to leave for work. If he can't get it fixed I will have to drive our old truck that has special issues all it's own - ignition sticks and the shift indicator is all off now so you have to count the positions to get it into drive. OH WELL! Life's NEVER boring around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...