Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scott's Hobby Space

View from the kitchen door

Plastic tubs in the corner are my fabric and yarn stash
 Since I got my sewing/craft room cleaned up I have been enjoying it immensely and am so happy to be able to really use the room. So last week I told Scott that each Saturday we would work on his room which is basically the 2 car garage sized bonus room to the side of our house. I have one corner filled with my fabric stash tubs and the rest is Scott's hobby stuff and a catch all. Greg had some car parts for his Buick mixed in and some train stuff. SO yesterday morning we started with this....
View from the side door entrance.

Quite the mess hey? We got Greg's train stuff and the Christmas tree's in the attic. Greg's car stuff has been gathered together so it will eventually be organized in one location. A pile of junk was dragged to the street. A bag of stuff was put in my trunk for drop off at His House this next week. And we have started emptying shelfs; vacuuming the dust bunnies off EVERYTHING and the walls and identifying things to take to the AWA (Antique Wireless Association) Meet in Charlotte next month. And wiping everything down with a damp clothe to remove the final layer of dust. I don't believe we've really cleaned this room completely since moving in here in 1996 and it REALLY shows.

I want Scott to be able to enjoy his space once more and have told him that after we finish with this project I will help him do the same thing with the garage. 

O.K. ; so here is where we left off yesterday. I know it doesn't look like much but we really did make a huge dent in the mess. Next Saturday we will work on it some more. My plan is to have everything ready for the AWA Meet including pricing and lined up in the center of the room for easy loading at the time of the Meet.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...