Search This Blog

Monday, February 07, 2011

The Start and Finish

Here is what I started with this morning....
And after about 6 hours of sewing and pressing here is what I ended up with....
18 String pieced blocks

I will make several more so that I can have a full to Queen sized quilt
I will keep one of these; the rest will go all over the USA and 1 to England. I can hardly wait to see the ones that I get in return; it will make for a REALLY scappy quilt. Of course mine have several various strips of cat prints.

5 comments:

  1. Becky, This is really adorable!!! Love all the color and what a fun way to use up scraps. Is this part of a quilting club project? Lovely :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are for a swap with the On-line quilting group that I belong to...
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ourquiltersfamilyhome/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! A few friends taught me how to sew an apron this morning... I was ecstatic!
    I have a way to go before I have your skill though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks! All the colors are great and cheerful. I have never string pieced blocks before... wow they look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...