Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gardening and Crocheting

Today I went through our seed basket and found all the seeds that are listed on the Clemson Extensions planting guide for vegetables that can be planted at this time of year. There really is quite a lot we can plant now and I found... spinach, mustard greens, turnips, collards, peas (really pushing my luck as these should have been planted earlier); onions, radishes, broccoli, mesculen salad mix, and beets. I will also start tomatoes indoors to plant out later. Once I pulled these seeds I got busy on cleaning up some of our raised beds. I got four cleaned up and looking good; two all ready have garlic growing in them but I have two others now ready for planting. I'm hoping to get some seeds in the ground tomorrow before I have to be to work.

Today I also made a bit of progress on the sweater I am making for my niece, Abby. Only 6 more rows to add to the skirt section and then add some ties. Oh and I'm also supposed to add a couple more daisy's to the front. I sure hope that this will fit her. It's really cute! I don't know if I'm off work on Sunday or not but I'm hoping we will be able to go to her party on Sunday. I'll find out tomorrow. If I can't make it to the party I will mail this to her; hopefully in time for her party.

Time to call it a night... I hope everyone has a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I didn't even know such a complicated piece could be done with crochet. just beautiful!

    http://bettermebetterworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...